- Kuhusu Sisi
- Muundo wa Taasisi
- Kituo cha Habari
Mwanza City Council is in Mwanza Region, Tanzania. It is the second largest city in Tanzania after Dar -es Salaam and one of the fastest developing urban center in Sub-Saharan Africa. It was first established in 1892 as colonial business and administrative center for cotton production and collection in the Lake region/zone; Since then it had grown in status; as a Town Council in 1953, as a Municipal Council in 1980; and in 2000 it was elevated to become a City Council.
Mwanza city is located on the spectacular southern shores of Lake Victoria in Northwest of Tanzania. It covers an area of1,337 square km out of these 71.55 km2 (28%) is covered by water and the remaining 184.9 km2 (72%) is dry land. Approximately 86.8 Km2 is urbanized while the remaining areas consist of forested land, valleys, cultivated plains, grassy and undulating rocky hill.